Webinar: Sustaining Resilience During COVID-19 - From Leadership to the Front Line - April 1
Space is Limited!
Who: Healthcare leaders, community leaders, leaders of front-line workers and others involved in the COVID-19 response.
What: COVID-19 has changed the world in which we live and work. Leaders and front-line healthcare professionals alike are facing new and more complex challenges as we adapt to a rapidly changing environment of care, while the level of uncertainty and ambiguity continues to grow. We are forced to make more difficult decisions, work in new ways and care for our own families, all while motivating our workforce to stay the course. So how do we collectively cultivate resiliency in order to remain strong and thrive while in stressful conditions, particularly when connection to others must be made from a distance? In this webinar, we will hear from three professionals to explore the dynamics of COVID-19 and how we can continue to support the development of our best selves as leaders through crisis. We will also learn about a model of peer to peer support developed to support Chinese healthcare professionals, and an upcoming opportunity to virtually build resilience together.
When: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 2:00pm PST / 3:00pm MST / 4:00pm CST / 5:00pm EST
Where: Register here.
- Understand the conditions necessary to cultivate resiliency as leaders and thrive through crisis.
- Learn about an innovative model to provide peer to peer support utilizing social media developed for Chinese healthcare professionals fighting the virus at the front line in Wuhan.
- Learn about “Stronger Together – Resilience Circle,” an opportunity to virtually build resilience through mindful gratitude practices
Learn more about our panelists here.
All Member Call: Results of the 2019 Member Engagement Survey, Board Member Calls with Members and Recommendations - April 10
Who: CBHL members
What: This 60-minute call was designed to provide you with an overview of the results of the member engagement survey and calls between our Board and CBHL members conducted in late 2019 and early 2020, as well as recommendations to incorporate this year and beyond. Most importantly, we will have plenty of time built in to discuss your impressions, feedback and recommendations to help inform the development of our Fiscal Year 2020/2021 priorities.
When: Friday, April 10, 2020 at 10:00am PST / 11:00am MST / 12:00pm CST / 1:00pm EST
Where: Login in to your members only account and see "Special Events and Other Benefit" for information on how to join.
- Review and Evaluate the results of the 2019 Member Engagement Survey
- Understand key themes that emerged as the result of CBHL Board of Director calls with members
- Develop recommendations for the Board of Directors based on these results.
Webinar: Your Organization's Culture Can Drive or Undercut Success - May 7
Who: All behavioral health and health leaders
What: Culture is largely recognized as an important factor in an organization’s success. However, few leaders have an in-depth understanding of what it is and how it works, let alone intentionally investing in building a high-performance culture. Additionally, in today’s environment, it is important to meaningfully connect you, and your organization’s high performing culture with the larger ecosystem in which you operate.
The intent of this interactive webinar is to critically review and discuss organizational culture in a manner designed to support taking learnings back to your own organizations to further your success.
Key themes to explore:
- How do I define/recognize a “culture of high-performance”? What are the measures, actions, results of a culture of high-performance?
- What does this look like within my organization, particularly in light of new norms as a result of the current environment?
- As a leader, how do I translate this to working with other organizations and stakeholders to develop a culture of high-performance, action, and results-orientation.
- What is my role in the larger ecosystem as a leader among leaders?
When: Thursday, May 7 2020 at 1:00pm PST / 2:00pm MST / 3:00pm CST / 4:00pm EST
Where: Please join via zoom for this interactive meeting at https://zoom.us/j/3035882743. If you would like to use phone audio instead of computer audio, you may dial in at
- +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
- +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
- Meeting ID: 303 588 2743
Format: 60-minute webinar, didactic learning with audience interaction
- Describe a working definition of organizational culture.
- Describe specifically what organizational high-performance culture is and why it is important.
- Identify strategies a leader can use in developing a high-performance culture, particularly as the work environment moves to a more virtual setting
- Understand and explain why it is important to extend your organization’s high-performance culture into the health ecosystem?
Save the Date for Future Webinars
- Peer to Peer Consulting: Asking for Help and Leveraging Peer Wisdom to Solve Problems
- May 12, 2020 at 12:00pm PST / 1:00pm MST / 2:00pm CST / 3:00pm EST
- Team Based Referral Networks - May 18, 2020
- Older Adult Behavioral Health Services Learning Collaborative - June 2020
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in Community Engagement - July 2020
How can I find out more?
If you would like to be added to our mailing list for upcoming webinars and virtual events, please click here and submit your name and contact information.
Past Webinar Archive
CBHL provides occasional webinars on topics of leadership developed by members of the College or in collaboration with other organizations. Presentation slides from these webinars are made available and, when possible, these webinars are recorded and archived here for later viewing by the general public.
- Critical Role of Leadership in System Transformation: Change Management - May 3, 2012
- Leadership in the Age of Diversity - February 15, 2012
- Presented by: Ellen Grant, PhD, MSW; Vivian H. Jackson, PhD, LICSW; Lemora Reid-Rose, MBA; and Onaje Muid, MSW, CASAC, LMHC
- Presentation Slides
- Leadership Skills for Health Reform - December 16, 2010
BECOME A MEMBER
The College seeks to be recognized as the premier forum for the for the development of leaders and the exchange of innovations that impact the health and wellness of communities and people with mental health and substance use conditions.JOIN NOW!
MAKE A DONATION
The College for Behavioral Health Leadership appreciates your support of its important activities and initiatives. Your support makes it possible to achieve our mission and vision. The College is a 501(c)3 and all or part of your gift may be tax deductible as a charitable contribution (please check with your tax advisor).SUPPORT US