Save the Date for the CBHL 2020 Summit!
Life has changed a great deal in the past couple weeks. At CBHL, we recognize that this is a difficult time for all of us. We know that everyone is feeling a lot of worry and uncertainty. Your family's needs come first. We are committed to supporting you as leaders; in your community, within your organizations, and in collaboration with other community leaders. This includes identifying resources for you to protect and support front line staff, people we serve, and the most vulnerable members of our population.
As you know, we recently shared a Save the Date for our 2020 Summit, to be held in Boulder, Colorado, September 24-25, 2020. While we recognize that travel through this year will be uncertain due to COVID-19, we are committed to providing you with an engaging, high-impact summit experience on September 24-25. We are hopeful that we can continue to meet in person as planned; should this not be possible due to restrictions on gatherings to protect the health and safety of the public, we will host a virtual convening on the same dates.
Partnering to improve health outcomes is more important than ever, and this year’s summit will be an important opportunity for us to learn from one another’s experiences and strengthen the way in which we work together across sectors to tackle some of the most pressing issues challenging the health of our communities. It will also be a time for us to come together as leaders to support one another in rebuilding and developing new ways that we live and work together.
A few notes about Summit registration:
- Registration will open in April 2020 as planned.
- Your registration will be fully refundable should we be unable to convene either in person or virtually due to COVID-19.
- We have a block of rooms at the Hotel Boulderado at a special group rate, available after registration. Your room reservation will be fully refundable up to 72 hours prior to the Summit.
We will continue to share Summit updates here as plans progress. We are all in this together. Feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com with questions.
Whether you are just learning about CBHL and our Summit or you are a longtime member, we can’t wait to see you in Boulder, Colorado September 24-25, 2020 for Partnering to Improve Health Outcomes!
As one of our members says when asked about Summit:
"The most exciting thing about CBHL Summits are that they are one of the only places in the Behavioral Health field where professionals gather in a cooperative and collegial manner. It is a place where competitors and colleagues can share ideas in a safe, creative and nurturing setting, without the pressure of day-to-day operations. Because of this collaborative approach, the Summits have often become incubators for further cross-field collaborations and coalitions that further the goals of our professions and the populations we serve." -Mike Brooks, LCSW
To be added to our mailling list for updates and more information, please click here.
See the tabs below for the most current Summit information, or contact Holly Salazar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After many months of thoughtful planning, we have designed a two-day event to engage your minds, foster new relationships, unleash new understanding, and build resiliency. Add to that a beautiful location in Boulder, Colorado together with incredible colleagues – and we have a pretty special event. We invite you to join us as we convene 125 cross-sector behavioral health leaders from around the country to dive into Partnering to Improve Health Outcomes: a multi-sector convening to effect change.
The CBHL Annual Summit tackles the core issues challenging the health of our communities. It is the premier forum for behavioral health leaders from across sectors to come together for a unique, memorable, high-impact experience.
The complexity of health and social problems today requires leaders to develop multi-sector strategies to innovate, plan, and implement evidence-based solutions. The CBHL 2020 Summit will gather cross-sector leaders to examine unique partnerships developed to address a community problem and improve health outcomes through collaboration. Specifically, attendees will:
- LEARN different approaches (models) of engaging multisector collaboration to effect change
- CONSIDER how these models can be used to tackle different types of complex behavioral health challenges
- CLARIFY key characteristics and pros/cons of each approach
- REFLECT how these models can be applied to a challenge their community is facing
- IDENTIFY support they would like from CBHL to move forward
The CBHL Summit will include compelling and relevant content delivered in an engaging format, offering participants a unique, resiliency building experience on topics of national importance. Panelists for presentations featured at the 2020 Summit will share strategies they have used and challenges they have faced in implementing community partnerships to improve health outcomes. They will share candid accounts of what worked and the challenges they faced during planning and implementation of the project. Projects shared via panel presentations will demonstrate efforts to produce measurable improvement in community health, each addressing a different target population and using a different approach to multi-sector collaboration.
We look forward to seeing you in Boulder!
Agenda Coming Soon!
We welcome cross-sector leaders from health plans, provider organizations, foundations, government, people with lived experience and others with a passion for improving health outcomes through partnering to join us to engage our minds, foster new relationships, unleash new understanding, and build resiliency at the CBHL 2020 Summit!
Joining us to set the stage and lead us in conversation are:
The CBHL 2020 Summit will be held at the historic Hotel Boulderado in downtown Boulder, Colorado. We hope you will take a little extra time while here in Boulder for the CBHL 2020 Summit to explore all the city has to offer!
Cresting on the hill on Highway 36 into Boulder and gazing down at the red rooftops of the University of Colorado, the dramatic sandstone slabs of the Flatirons and the snow-capped peaks beyond, it’s easy to see why this intriguing town has been dubbed “the city nestled between the mountains and reality.”
Just 30 minutes from Denver, tucked into the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, acres of vast open space roll into Boulder’s quaint cityscape. Come explore pine-scented trails, taste the flavors of “America’s Foodiest Town,” tour 21 craft breweries, stroll historic Pearl Street, and soak up this creative community’s laid-back lifestyle.
- Boulder Hiking Recommendations
- Boulder Restaurant Recommendations
- Extend Your Stay - Things to Do in Boulder and the Surrounding Areas:
For more than 110 years, Hotel Boulderado has been one of the most famous landmarks in Boulder, Colorado. Located in the heart of downtown, it sits just one block from the famous Pearl Street Mall. Hotel Boulderado features 160 guest rooms decorated with either a modern mountain or historic Victorian style. All rooms are elegantly appointed with everything needed for ultimate comfort. Enjoy elegant rooms with a charming décor, plush furnishings and modern amenities including complimentary wi-fi, high end bedding, Aveda toiletries, plus Boca bathrobes and 100% cotton bath linens. Hotel Boulderado exudes the welcoming, friendly and unconventional charm that makes Boulder so beloved. If you want the real Boulder, you’ll find it at Hotel Boulderado!
CBHL Group Rate
- $259 per night plus applicable taxes and fees (September 23 & 24)
- $289 per night plus applicable taxes and fees (September 25)
- The cut-off for the group rate is Saturday, September 5, 2020.
- The group rates will be honored for stays extending prior to or after the Summit dates noted above, subject to room availability.
- Cancellation Policy: A credit card is required to guarantee all guest room reservations. To avoid a cancellation charge equal to one night’s room and tax, hotel must be notified and a cancellation received 72 hours prior to scheduled arrival.
- Parking: $15 per day
To receive the link to book a room at the discounted rates, you must first register for the CBHL 2020 Summit - Registration opens in April 2020.
- Member Registration (Coming Soon!)
- Non-Member Registration (Coming Soon!)
Hotel Boulderado: 2115 13th Street, Boulder, CO 80302
Denver International Airport (DEN)
The Hotel Boulderado is about 45 miles Northwest of the Denver International Airport.
Transportation from Airport to Hotel
- We highly recommend Green Ride for airport transportation. Green Ride is a family owned shuttle offering door to door scheduled service directly to and from the hotel in under an hour. Rates are $45 for the first person with discounts for more than one person traveling together: $10 for the second person, and $5 for each additional person for up to 8 total in a group. Additional information on CBHL rates and how to book coming soon!
- Taxi Service from the Airport is available for a flat rate of $84.00 + $3.75 gate fee.
- Uber and Lyft are also both available.
- Denver International Airport to Hotel Boulderado via E-470 (Shortest Route)
- Denver International Airport to Hotel Boulderado via I-76 and US-36
- Denver International Airport to Hotel Boulderado via I-70, I-270, US-36
- Valet Parking is offered to CBHL Summit attendees at a discounted rate of $15 per day.
- Overnight Hotel Guests receive the same discounted rate of $15 per day.
Coming Soon! Registration will open in April 2020.
BECOME A MEMBER
The College seeks to be recognized as the premier forum for the for the development of leaders and the exchange of innovations that impact the health and wellness of communities and people with mental health and substance use conditions.JOIN NOW!
MAKE A DONATION
The College for Behavioral Health Leadership appreciates your support of its important activities and initiatives. Your support makes it possible to achieve our mission and vision. The College is a 501(c)3 and all or part of your gift may be tax deductible as a charitable contribution (please check with your tax advisor).SUPPORT US